Wednesday, April 25, 2007

HAVE YOU HAD A CUP OF COFFEE TODAY?


I have --- as soon as I woke up this morning, and I’m having my second cup in a little while.

I wasn’t really a coffee drinker until about 8 years ago, when I needed to be awake most of the time to tend to my dad. I didn’t even like the taste, then. It was like I was drinking it solely for the purpose of staying awake and alert for my dad.

But, I’ve learned that more than just an anti-sleeping pill, coffee, is a health drink, containing antioxidants and minerals, which help in glucose metabolism, thus reducing the risk for diabetes. And, not only that. coffee, too, has anti-bacterial properties that may even prevent tooth decay!

With these revelations, and with so many coffee flavors now to choose from, it isn’t very surprising to see quite a lot of the cozy and quaint coffee shops in malls, in town plazas, in practically every nook and corner. They have become the favorite hang-out place of businessmen and yuppies, and even to simple people, like me, who once have sworn off coffee!

So, go ahead, have a cup of your favorite coffee.

No comments: