Friday, April 20, 2007

Zzleep


I didn’t sleep well last night. Actually, I haven’t had a complete 8-hours of sleep for quite a while.

But last night was different. Something else kept me awake. I was up and about in my bed until the wee hours of the morning, my mind and ears alert to the sound of the big lizard.

I must have just closed my eyes for a split second when I had to open them again. The sun was up and so must I.

But I was so completely out of it. I was tired beyond tired, moody, stressed out. I was a basket case throughout the day. I was jumpy, irritable, forgetful. Heck, I couldn’t even speak sentences without having to stutter. --- all the signs of sleep deprivation.

Our brain relies so much on sleep for it to work effectively. Otherwise, such signs I have just mentioned, will occur. And heaven knows what worse scenarios could possibly follow with extreme fatique and exhaustion. I know, driving, for sure, would be risky.

So, get a good amount of sleep everyday for a sound mental health.

No comments: